Thursday, October 4, 2012

Look Mom! I made a house a home!


  Sorry to create a blog and then disappear for a week.  I have a good excuse!  We were/are sick!  really sick.  At first I just thought the runny noses were allergies, which I hear everyone who moves to Austin gets like until they move away again. 


Proof of Sickness.  The kids LOVE their beds, but they didn't make it there.  Also they never sleep together, that always turns into nonstop giggles or kickfights, never sleep!


But then it got worse with the heavy head stuffed head...and then came the all-night detox!  My poor body spewed out Everything in 10 hrs.  The next day I had a total of 10 saltines and lots of water.  Did I mention the lovely husband (who has not been sick) left that morning for a 5 day conference in Oklahoma City?  Thank God the kids just have the runny noses and cough!  So I am now on the upswing and finally straightened up our sickhouse.  What better time to take pictures and update y'all.  Please notice I wrote "straightened,"  not "clean."


This is the Front Door
Upstairs: Kids Room(straight), Play/Guest Room(right), Kid/Guest Bath(left), Master Suite (left.) Linen Closet/Bookcase.
Kitchen/Dinning Room
Kitchen (Loving the Giant Fridge!)
Kids Table/Nook
Garage Door Off Kitchen, also 1/2 Bath and Laundry/Pantry
Storage/Closet/Laundry Room/Pantry



Kids Room!  Little People for Scale.  Was a study with shelving all around.  Now for Sleeping/Dressing/Reading

Beds and the Closet is full of Books

Kids/Guest Bath.  One of THREE Bathrooms I have to keep Clean UGH.
Playroom/Guest Bedroom

Little people for scale

Sleep Sofa for all those guests clamoring to visit!
 This concludes our tour!  I will show the Backyard and Master Suite later/when I straighten them.  My only real complaints would be the lack of storage/linen closets, the noise a high ceiling can carry, and the fire ants building sand piles everywhere.  Also the two car garage holds two cars, not a car and a van.  Overall we are super happy and will be here at least 15 months!  This is our little Texan Girl's first house.  AWWWW.  I will also make sure to post belly pic soon!  Off to HEB (Here Everything's Better, a Texas Grocery Store) for rice cakes, saline, and Gatorade to help us finish off this sickness!

PS.  Like Gabe's bow?  It matches his eyeliner.  He was drawing on paper with my eyeliner yesterday, which I stopped, and he was told that is only for eyes.  So, today all coloring utensils were used on his eyes.  I tried to get pictures, but he does this funky eye scrunch thing when you go in for a close-up.  Also he gets a plug (which happens to be pink) when he is sick (especially since Mom is also sick!)

No comments:

Post a Comment